I don't blog about my candle making adventures, my family (with two thousand pictures of my kids), or my life as a housewife who makes quilts 24/7. I'm not some pretentious hipster who can't finish three sentences without using some form of the word "musing." I'm just here to laugh at society.

Thursday, April 23, 2015

You're doing drugs, kids

"Weed isn't a drug." The words burst proudly from her lips so matter-of-factually that I knew immediately how strongly she believed in them. "It can't be a drug because it's a plant."
Dumbfounded, I replied "If parts of plants can't be drugs than I guess opium isn't either. Do you even know what opium is?" I didn't need to wait for her response; her expression revealed her ignorance. At that time I simply opened Google Chrome on my phone and showed her the definition of a drug. "A medicine or other substance which has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body." Despite the presence of evidence that refuted her claims, she seemed unwilling to believe. This proved, in my own mind, that not only was this 15 year old girl lighting up in her free time, but she was being lied to about what she was really doing, or even worse, she was just lying to herself about it.

This is not a long blog post about marijuana. I'm not here to mindlessly spout my (relatively worthless) opinion concerning weed. I did not come here today to wax eloquent explaining various viewpoints on the topic of recreational drug use. Nope. Wrong-o. I just want you all to know that cannabis is indeed a drug, and the fact that it's a plant does nothing to change that. Just like some poisons, snakes, and death, it's completely natural. It is also a drug. Don't tell yourself it isn't a drug, because you're wrong. Don't tell other kids it's not a drug, because you'd be wrong. Don't let anyone else tell you that it's not a drug, because, yup, you guessed it, wrong again. Furthermore, and more importantly, little kids shouldn't be doing drugs. In my mind, you're a bunch of babies sucking on bongs when you should still be begging your mommy in the cereal isle as Wal-Mart for chocolate pebbles instead of rice crispies.

So, everybody, this has been my PSA to all the youth of America: if you smoke weed, you're doing drugs. Also, as a side note, I'd really appreciate it if whoever is telling kids that weed isn't a drug would stop doing so immediately. This young girl, as dumb as she may be, was only 15 years old, and I can guarantee you with every ounce of confidence th.at I have that she would better benefit from doing her homework and having a reasonable bed time than from getting stupid on the weekends with her stupid pothead friends. Honestly, to me, it's pretty depressing to know that a bunch of young kids are out making terrible life decisions right now when I know deep down in my heart that they should be at home, not making their parents ashamed of them, or wondering when they last time they fed their Neopet was.


So yeah, the end. Don't do drugs, kids

1 comment:

u mad bros? Tell me why I suck below.