I don't blog about my candle making adventures, my family (with two thousand pictures of my kids), or my life as a housewife who makes quilts 24/7. I'm not some pretentious hipster who can't finish three sentences without using some form of the word "musing." I'm just here to laugh at society.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Expanding Your Musical Horizons

Every now and then you find something you really enjoy, and you feel the need to share it with the world. That's been happening to me a lot recently, particularly with incredibly good yet underrated songs and artists. A lot of Indie genre stuff doesn't go far in the musical ocean because their target demographic is hipsters and people who actually listen to Indie music. I think that's a real shame.

So I invite you to go forth and experience the overwhelming sea of unheard genius. Envelop yourself, develop your taste for the sound that makes the world spin around. Let me introduce you to some of these up and coming young bloods. Go forth and listen.

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow. Man, I love having my musical taste buds twiddled...
    Thank you so much for sharing! I highly enjoyed everything and will be looking into them deeper.

    Please tell me you have heard of Lia Ices! :)
    Gia Farrell, John McGlynn, Cirque du Soliel, Solas, Adiemus, Nuttin but Strings, Gavin Mikhail, Joel & Luke, 009 Sound System, Kaskade, all worth a listen or two.

    And, for times when you're feeling like bustin a rug in the Jesus department, please check out Kelanie Gloeckler, Rick Pino, Paul Pace, Chris August, and Adie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm about to go on a new music binge with all those people you named :p

    Sarah, if you still had a Facebook you'd be treated to some crazy new song like, every day. That's basically what I use mine for now; I'm constantly posting obscure artists and new songs and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grrrr, buddy! Don't tempt me! I have forsworn teh facecrackage!!

    You need to see this, though: http://www.wimp.com/facialexpressions/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the right site for anyone who hopes to understand this topic.
    You understand a whole lot its almost tough to argue with you (not that I actually would want to…HaHa).
    You certainly put a brand new spin on a topic which has been discussed for many years.
    Great stuff, just great!

    Feel free to visit my site lil wayne

    ReplyDelete

u mad bros? Tell me why I suck below.